that conchita looks like a cookie
i think i figured out why kirby triple deluxe isnt out yet
KIRBY’S ALREADY ANGRY
THE LOCALIZATION TEAM DOESN’T KNOW WHAT THEY’RE SUPPOSED TO DO
This is the current signature count for the petition to restore Net Neutrality. As you can see it has a very long way to go.
Come on people I know there are at least 64,000 of you on tumblr who haven’t signed this yet. Click here to do so
If you have already signed be sure to share the link so that the word will spread.
hey real talk for a second
the deadline for this petition is in THREE WEEKS
and it’s not even halfway to meeting the goal.
If it doesn’t meet the goal, IT’S OVER. THE PETITION IS REMOVED. THE END.
I know it might be a little annoying to take a whole two minutes out of your life to make an account and sign this, but that little annoyance pales in comparison to the fact that right now, MASSIVE CORPORATIONS NOW HAVE THE POWER TO CONTROL HOW THE INTERNET IS RUN
Please, DON’T sit back and think, “Oh, everyone else will sign it. I’ll just reblog.” No. There are literally THOUSANDS of people thinking the exact same thing. There’s a reason this post has almost 20,000 notes more than the number of signatures: It’s because people are liking and reblogging without signing it.
Don’t fall victim to the bystander effect. DO take this very, very seriously. The only requirement for signing is that you are 13 years or older. You don’t have to be a U.S. citizen to sign. So please, take the two minutes. Sign the petition. It’s the only hope we have to fix this.
Signal boost because this is the first I’ve heard of one that can be signed outside of the U.S. pleasepleaseplease do the thing.
Honestly I’ve been watching this petition since I signed it (around 80k sigs to go) and have been astonished at how slowly people have moved to sign it.
If you value your internet experience at all, it would do you well to make your voice heard and do something about it. Signing this petition isn’t the only thing, but it’s one step you could take.
i’ve waited all year to get to reblog this again
it’s back omg
has it really been another year lol
Only a few days left to reblog this
this is the last straw
god is dead and we killed him
- No known species of reindeer can fly. But there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen.
- There are 2 billion children (persons under 18) in the world. But since Santa doesn’t (appear) to handle the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children, that reduces the workload to 15% of the total - 378 million according to Population Reference Bureau. At an average (census) rate of 3.5 children per household, that’s 91.8 million homes. One presumes there’s at least one good child in each.
- Assuming one mince pie (250kcal) and one 50ml glass of sherry per household (58kcal) we have 308 calories times 91.8 million households, or 28,274,400,000kcal. The recommended daily allowance for an adult male, according to the Department of Health, is 2,550kcal. Santa will therefore eat 11,087,999 times his daily dues.
- The aforementioned 50ml glass of sherry works out at around one unit of alcohol, according to the UK definition. So Santa would be expected to knock back 91,800,000 units over the course of the evening. The daily recommended maximum for a man is four units, meaning that Santa is endangering his health by drinking 22,949,999 times the DoH limits. Worse, he is likely to be in no fit state to drive his sleigh. The legal blood alcohol limit is 80mg per 100mls of blood, or roughly four units (although this of course would be less for a big man). So Santa would also be at least 20 million times the legal driving limit as well, and would probably have his licence revoked.
- Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seemes logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept), we are now talking about .78 miles per household, a total trip of 75-1/2 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding and etc.
This means that Santa’s sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a pokey 27.4 miles per second - a conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles per hour.
- The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized lego set (2 pounds), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that “flying reindeer” (see point #1) could pull ten times the normal anount, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,200 reindeer. This increases the payload - not even counting the weight of the sleigh - to 353,430 tons.
- 353,000 tons travelling at 650 miles per second creates enourmous air resistance - this will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as spacecrafts re-entering the earth’s atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 quintillion joules of energy. Per second. Each. In short, they will burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and create deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250-pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force.
In conclusion: if Santa ever DID deliver presents on Christmas Eve, he’s dead now.
Snoop Dogg is going to tell us the meaning of Christmas.
Twas the nizzle before Christmizzle, and all through the hizzle…
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mizzle.
All were awaiting Sizzle Clause and his bag
To bring the good homies and bitches their swag
almost time to make this my icon again
The homies were nestled, all snizzle in their beds.
While visions of bitches twerked in their heads.
And baby momma in her bandana, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our pieces for a long nigga’s nap.
ONE MORE SLEEP UNTIL SANTER CLAUS
ONE MORE SLEEP
IM GONNA FUCK SANTA CLAUS
Flutter likes to sing
today i corrected someone who said accidentally said the monster’s name was frankenstein and i said “frankenstein was the scientist not the monster”
then my professor went “but was frankenstein not the monster?” and i had to sit down for a minute
*rolls around in a pile of 195 year old feels *
Happy Halloween 2013!